I thought it might be really fun to come up with a bucket list of ideas of things to do while here in Charlotte. Here’s some of the things I’ve come up with!
- U.S. National Whitewater Center– Seriously, this looks so fun! I’ve never whitewater rafted and I’ve heard really good things about this place! I’ll definitely look into this during the warm summer months.
- Discovery Place– a fun and educational museum that’s hands-on. It reminds me of the Whitaker Center (which I love). Would be a perfect activity for a rainy day!
- Time Warner Cable Arena– although I’m not much of a basketball fan, when in Charlotte, see a Hornets game!
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden– I found out about this garden center when I was researching jobs (they do weddings!) and it looks so beautiful so I really want to go here! Maybe when friends come visit (cute ‘n fun pics)
- Bojangles Coliseum– this is the arena where the minor league hockey team, The Checkers plays. Its really close to Drew’s old house and I’m sure I wouldn’t have to twist his arm to come with me
- Visit Lake Norman- they offer all sorts of things like kayaking, paddle boarding, and jet skis for rental
Some other fun things:
- Painting with a Twist
- Wine Tours
- Trampoline Park
- see a concert!
I’m sure I’ll keep adding to this list as I explore the city more, but this is a great start for now! If you know of any cool things to do in Charlotte that I’ve missed, let me know! I want to experience all that I can!